Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Menninger Foundation 50th anniversary poster - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at reference@kshs.org or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

John Redjinski is shown with the 50th Anniversary poster celebrating the founding of the Menninger Clinic. In 1925, the Menninger Sanitarium Corporation purchased a farmhouse on the west edge of Topeka, Kansas. The farmhouse became the inpatient clinic and the surrounding 20 acres were developed with buildings and gardens to become the "East Campus" of the Menninger Foundation. In 1982, the "West Campus", a much larger area, was developed west of Topeka, a residential scale community of 28 structures on a 350 acre hilltop campus. In 2003, the Menninger Foundation was moved to Houston, Texas

Date: 1975

Bookbag Share Print

Item Number: 226598
Call Number: Menninger Fdn. Photographic Collection, Box 20 #505
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 226598

Copyright © 2007-2017 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.