Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Re-dedication of the Menninger Clinic in Topeka, Kansas - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at reference@kshs.org or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

Irv Sheffel, Karl Menninger, M.D. and Roy Menninger, M.D. are shown at the re-dedication of the original Menninger Clinic building during the 50th anniversary celebration. In 1925, the Menninger Sanitarium Corporation purchased a farmhouse on the west edge of Topeka, Kansas. The farmhouse became the inpatient clinic and the surrounding 20 acres were developed with buildings and gardens to become the "East Campus" of the Menninger Foundation. In 1982, the "West Campus", a much larger area, was developed west of Topeka. In 2003, the Menninger Foundation was moved to Houston, Texas.

Date: 1975

Bookbag Share Print

Item Number: 226596
Call Number: Menninger Fdn. Photographic Collection, box 20 #505
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 226596

Copyright © 2007-2017 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.