Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Menninger Clinic maintenance department, Topeka, Kansas - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at reference@kshs.org or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

R. McElroy is pictured organizing work orders as part of her work in the Menninger Clinic maintenance department. In 1925, the Menninger Sanitarium Corporation purchased a farmhouse on the west edge of Topeka, Kansas. The farmhouse became the inpatient clinic and the surrounding 20 acres were developed with buildings and gardens to become the "East Campus" of the Menninger Foundation.

Date: 1960-1979

Bookbag Share Print

Item Number: 226488
Call Number: Menninger Fdn. Photographic Collection, Box 19 #441
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 226488

Copyright © 2007-2017 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.