Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Eppie Lederer (Ann Landers) at the Menninger Foundation West Campus dedication, Topeka, Kansas - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at reference@kshs.org or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

This is a photograph of Eppie Lederer (Ann Landers) at the Menninger Foundation 'West Campus' dedication, June 9, 1982. Eppie Lederer was a trustee of the Menninger Foundation and donated money toward the construction of this building. The building was named for her. In 1925, the Menninger Sanitarium Corporation purchased a farmhouse on the west edge of Topeka, Kansas. The farmhouse became the inpatient clinic and the surrounding 20 acres were developed with buildings and gardens to become the "East Campus" of the Menninger Foundation. In 1982, the "West Campus", a much larger area, was developed west of Topeka. It was a residential scale community of 28 structures on a 350 acre hilltop campus. In 2003, the Menninger Foundation moved to Houston, Texas.

Date: June 9, 1982

Bookbag Share Print

Item Number: 226125
Call Number: Menninger Fdn. Photographic Collection, Box 6, env. 12
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 226125

Copyright © 2007-2017 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.