Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Methodist Church, Richland, Kansas - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at reference@kshs.org or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

This black and white photograph shows the Methodist Church in Richland, Kansas. Built in 1884, the single frame structure was only the second Methodist Church in the state. Rev. Riggle served as the congregation's first minister. In 1894, a sidewalk was built around the church. The town of Richland was abandoned in the late 1960s and early 1970s when the Corps of Engineers acquired land in the area for the flood plain of Clinton Lake in nearby Douglas County. Today, the only remnants of the town are broken pieces of pavement that once covered the streets.

Date: Between 1895 and 1919

Bookbag Share Print

Methodist Church, Richland, Kansas - 1Methodist Church, Richland, Kansas - 2

Methodist Church, Richland, Kansas - 1

Item Number: 225036
Call Number: FK2.S5 R.71 Met. *1
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 225036

Copyright © 2007-2017 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.