Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Arts and Crafts Building, Menninger East Campus, Topeka Kansas - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at reference@kshs.org or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

This colored photograph shows the Arts and Craft Building in the Summer of 1954. It later became the Southeast Office. In 1925, the Menninger Sanitarium Corporation purchased a farmhouse on the west edge of Topeka, Kansas. The farmhouse became the inpatient clinic and the surrounding 20 acres were developed with buildings and gardens to become the "East Campus" of the Menninger Foundation. This was one of the nearby houses purchased and then converted for several different uses. In 1982, the "West Campus", a much larger area, was developed west of Topeka, a residential scale community of 28 structures on a 350 acre hilltop campus. In 2003, the Menninger Foundation was moved to Houston, Texas.

Creator: Menninger, Philip Bratton, 1928-
Date: 1954

Bookbag Share Print

Item Number: 224353
Call Number: Menninger Foundation Photographic Collection, Box 39, #295
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 224353

Copyright © 2007-2017 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.