Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Patient's room at Menninger Hospital East Campus, Topeka, Kansas - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at reference@kshs.org or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

This an an interior view of the "Men's Cottage" which later became the South Office for the Menninger Clinic. In 1925, the Menninger Sanitarium Corporation purchased a farmhouse on the west edge of Topeka, Kansas. The farmhouse became the inpatient clinic and the surrounding 20 acres were developed with buildings and gardens to become the "East Campus" of the Menninger Foundation. In 1982, the "West Campus", a much larger area, was developed west of Topeka, a residential scale community of 28 structures on a 350 acre hilltop campus. In 2003, the Menninger Foundation was moved to Houston, Texas

Creator: Wolfe, Harold B., 1898-1966
Date: 1929

Bookbag Share Print

Patient's room at Menninger Hospital East Campus, Topeka, Kansas - 1Patient's room at Menninger Hospital East Campus, Topeka, Kansas - 2

Patient's room at Menninger Hospital East Campus, Topeka, Kansas - 1

Item Number: 224351
Call Number: Menninger Foundation Photographic Collection, Box 39, #289
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 224351

Copyright © 2007-2017 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.