Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

The John Sutherin home in Topeka, Kansas - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at reference@kshs.org or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

This is the original farmhouse on the property on 6th Avenue in Topeka that became the Menninger East Campus. This farmhouse burned, but the farmhouse of Mr and Mrs. W. C. Christenson was built on the original foundation. In May, 1925, The Menninger Sanitarium Corporation purchased the 20 acre farm and the farmhouse became the clinic and the surrounding 20 acres were developed with buildings and gardens to become the "East Campus" of the Menninger Foundation. In 1982, the "West Campus", a much larger area was developed. In 2003, the Menninger Foundation was moved to Houston, Texas.

Bookbag Share Print

Item Number: 224277
Call Number: Menninger Foundation Photographic Collection, Box 38, #104
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 224277

Copyright © 2007-2017 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.