Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

C.F. Menninger Memorial Hospital in Topeka, Kansas - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at reference@kshs.org or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

The C. F. Menninger Memorial Hospital, East Campus, was composed of three units. The first, East Lodge, was built in 1927. Its companion West Lodge was completed in 1930. On his 90th birthday, July 11, 1952, Dr. C. F. Menninger turned the first spade of soil in the groundbreaking ceremonies for the addition that joined the original Lodges. He died before its opening in May, 1954, and it was so named in his memory.

Date: 1968

Bookbag Share Print

Item Number: 224265
Call Number: Menninger Foundation Photographic Collection, Box 38 #84
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 224265

Copyright © 2007-2017 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.