Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

East campus of the Menninger Clinic in Topeka, Kansas - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at reference@kshs.org or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

These colored photographs were taken just before the Menninger East Campus was sold and the West Campus was constructed and occupied by the staff and patients of the Menninger Clinic. Menninger is a leading psychiatric hospital dedicated to treating individuals with mood, personality, anxiety and addictive disorders, teaching mental health professionals and advancing mental healthcare through research and education. It was located in Topeka, Kansas, from 1925 to 2003 and is now in Houston, Texas.

Date: October 25, 1985

Bookbag Share Print

East campus of the Menninger Clinic in Topeka, Kansas - A view of the farmhouse which was the original Menninger Sanitarium.  When the C.F. Menninger hospital was built on the East Campus grounds,  the farmhouse was converted into  offices.East campus of the Menninger Clinic in Topeka, Kansas - The Lodge as it appeared in 1985 just before the property was sold.East campus of the Menninger Clinic in Topeka, Kansas - The Personnel Office and Purchasing Office with Irv Sheffel and Dan Pope as the Clinic moved from the East campus to the West campus in 1985.East campus of the Menninger Clinic in Topeka, Kansas - A rock with "Quercus Robur planted in memory of Dr. C. F. Menninger by the patients April, 1954."   A Quercus  robur is  a Pedunculate Oak or English oak tree.

East campus of the Menninger Clinic in Topeka, Kansas - A view of the farmhouse which was the original Menninger Sanitarium. When the C.F. Menninger hospital was built on the East Campus grounds, the farmhouse was converted into offices.

Item Number: 224225
Call Number: Menninger Foundation Photographic Collection, Box 38, #34
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 224225

Copyright © 2007-2017 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.