Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Stained glass window - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at reference@kshs.org or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

This wheat-themed stained glass window came from the second floor of the West Side Christian Church in Topeka, Kansas. Formed in 1909, the congregation was originally named the Auburndale Christian Church. Under the leadership of Reverend Clara Hazelrigg, the congregation constructed its first church at 6th Street and Lindenwood Avenue in 1924. Designed by Topeka architect Walter E. Glover, the building was decorated with art glass windows. The church was demolished in 1959 and replaced with a larger structure.

Date: 1924

Bookbag Share Print

Item Number: 223537
KSHS Identifier: 1959.33.2.2

Copyright © 2007-2017 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.