Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Menninger Clinic East Campus and West Campus, Topeka , Kansas - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at reference@kshs.org or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

Photographs with drawings and actual aerial views of each campus and photographs of the existing buildings. In May, 1925, The Menninger Sanitarium Corporation purchased the 20 acre farm and the farmhouse became the clinic and the surrounding 20 acres were developed with buildings and gardens to become the "East Campus" of the Menninger Foundation. In 1982, the "West Campus", a much larger area was developed west of Topeka. In 2003, the Menninger Foundation was moved to Houston, Texas.

Date: Unknown

Bookbag Share Print


First PagePrevious PageNext PageLast Page

Menninger Clinic East Campus and West Campus, Topeka , Kansas - This photograph shows a drawing of an aerial view of the Menninger Foundation with names of the buildings.Menninger Clinic East Campus and West Campus, Topeka , Kansas - A partial view of The Menninger FoundationMenninger Clinic East Campus and West Campus, Topeka , Kansas - A view of the southside of the Menninger Clinic Building, a famhouse which became the first home of the Menninger psychiatric hospital in 1925.  Later, it housed offices and the facilities of the Neurology, Neurosurgery and Internal Medicine departments.Menninger Clinic East Campus and West Campus, Topeka , Kansas - A photograph of the C.F. Menninger Memorial Hospital which held 120 beds.Menninger Clinic East Campus and West Campus, Topeka , Kansas - The North Office Building was built in stages from a hot dog stand on Sixth Street.  It housed the Adult Psychotherapy and Outpatient Services, the Admissions Office, and the staff of the Urban Renewal Research Project.Menninger Clinic East Campus and West Campus, Topeka , Kansas - The canteen and recreation center on the East Campus.Menninger Clinic East Campus and West Campus, Topeka , Kansas - The Arts and Crafts and Ceramics shops.Menninger Clinic East Campus and West Campus, Topeka , Kansas - The William James Building housed the Department of Research.Menninger Clinic East Campus and West Campus, Topeka , Kansas - The home of the Topeka Institute for Psychoanalysis on the East Campus.Menninger Clinic East Campus and West Campus, Topeka , Kansas - The new ChildrenMenninger Clinic East Campus and West Campus, Topeka , Kansas - A plot plan of the property and location of the buildings.  This shows the "West Campus" as purchased by the Menninger Foundation from the Security Benefit Association..  It had been their hospital, orphanage, home for the elderly and a model farm.Menninger Clinic East Campus and West Campus, Topeka , Kansas - An aerial view of The Menninger Foundation

Menninger Clinic East Campus and West Campus, Topeka , Kansas - This photograph shows a drawing of an aerial view of the Menninger Foundation with names of the buildings.

Item Number: 223344
Call Number: Menninger Foundation Photographic Collection, Box 8, #71 (notebook)
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 223344

Copyright © 2007-2017 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.