Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Menninger Clinic West Campus Dedication in Topeka Kansas - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at reference@kshs.org or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

The four photographs show parts of the West Campus Dedication celebration. Dr. C.F. Menninger and his sons, Dr. Karl and Dr. Will, formed a group psychiatry practice in 1919. The Menninger Clinic as a sanitarium was established in 1925 with the purchase of a farm house and admittance of 12 patients. The philosophy was that mental illness could be treated with an integrated medical, psychodynamic, and developmental approach for the total health of patients. The Menninger Clinic's facility was expanded in the late 1970's to be a residential scale community of 28 structures on a 350 acre hilltop campus.

Date: June 09, 1982

Bookbag Share Print

Menninger Clinic West Campus Dedication in Topeka Kansas - This photograph shows Dr. Roy in front of the dining hall addressing trustees and employees.Menninger Clinic West Campus Dedication in Topeka Kansas - Dr. Roy was presented with a celebratory wreath at the Dedication Dinner for the West Campus Dedication.Menninger Clinic West Campus Dedication in Topeka Kansas - Trustee Eppie Lederer (Ann Landers) is shown by the building named in her honor.Menninger Clinic West Campus Dedication in Topeka Kansas - Trustee Mike Seeley and his daughter are shown in the Seeley Conference Center.

Menninger Clinic West Campus Dedication in Topeka Kansas - This photograph shows Dr. Roy in front of the dining hall addressing trustees and employees.

Item Number: 222598
Call Number: Menninger Foundation Photographic Collection, Box 6, #12
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 222598

Copyright © 2007-2017 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.