Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Planning move to Menninger West Campus in Topeka, Kansas - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at reference@kshs.org or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

These three photographs show the Menninger planning committee focusing on the move of the Children's Division to West Campus, and surveyors at work. In May, 1925, The Menninger Sanitarium Corporation purchased the 20 acre farm and the farmhouse became the clinic and the surrounding 20 acres were developed with buildings and gardens to become the "East Campus" of the Menninger Foundation. In 1982, the "West Campus", a much larger area was developed west of Topeka. In 2003, the Menninger Foundation moved to Houston, Texas.

Date: 1990

Bookbag Share Print

Planning move to Menninger West Campus in Topeka, Kansas - 1Planning move to Menninger West Campus in Topeka, Kansas - 2Planning move to Menninger West Campus in Topeka, Kansas - 3

Planning move to Menninger West Campus in Topeka, Kansas - 1

Item Number: 222395
Call Number: Menninger Foundation Photographic Collection, Box 4, #58
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 222395

Copyright © 2007-2017 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.