Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Menninger family photographs, 1940 - 1953 - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at reference@kshs.org or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

These photographs show various members of the Menninger family. Dr. C.F. Menninger and his sons, Dr. Karl and Dr. Will, formed a group psychiatry practice in 1919. The Menninger Clinic as a sanitarium was established in 1925 with the purchase of a farm house and admittance of 12 patients. The philosophy was that mental illness could be treated with an integrated medical, psychodynamic, and developmental approach for the total health of patients.

Date: 1940-1953

Bookbag Share Print

Menninger family photographs, 1940 - 1953 - This undated photograph shows Dr. C. F. and Flo Menninger relaxing with their dog in their garden.Menninger family photographs, 1940 - 1953 - This collage photograph shows the Will Menninger family; Dr. Will, Catherine (or Cay), and sons Roy, Philip, and Walter in 1941.Menninger family photographs, 1940 - 1953 - Dr. C. F. and Flo Menninger are shown as of 1944.Menninger family photographs, 1940 - 1953 - 1Menninger family photographs, 1940 - 1953 - 2Menninger family photographs, 1940 - 1953 - Dr. C. F. is shown with his sister Pearl on August 2, 1948.Menninger family photographs, 1940 - 1953 - A photograph of Dr. C. F. with Pearl on July 11, 1952.Menninger family photographs, 1940 - 1953 - Dr. C. F. Menninger is pictured here with his grand daughter, Rosemary, in 1951.Menninger family photographs, 1940 - 1953 - A Kodachrome print of Dr. Karl, Dr. C. F. and Dr. Will in 1953.

Menninger family photographs, 1940 - 1953 - This undated photograph shows Dr. C. F. and Flo Menninger relaxing with their dog in their garden.

Item Number: 222097
Call Number: Menninger Foundation Photographic Collection, Box 1, group pictures #11
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 222097

Copyright © 2007-2017 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.