Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Centron camera - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at reference@kshs.org or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

Black metal 16mm movie camera mounted on a wheeled wooden tripod. Centron Corporation, in Lawrence, Kansas, used this motion-picture camera to produce educational and industrial films. When Centron was founded in 1947 it was located in downtown Lawrence, but a new facility was built in 1955. After the company closed in the 1980s, the University of Kansas acquired the building and this camera. The building became Oldfather Theatre, home to University of Kansas film school.

Creator: Mitchell Camera Corporation
Date: between 1935 and 1940

Bookbag Share Print

Item Number: 221675
KSHS Identifier: 2007.20.1

Copyright © 2007-2017 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.