All materials on Kansas Memory are made available for noncommercial educational and research purposes only. It is the patron's responsibility to request and obtain permission from both the image and copyright owner(s) to use materials.
This photograph shows people planting fruit trees at the Agricultural Experiment Station at Fort Hays, Kansas. This station was acquired through a grant from the United States on March 27, 1900, which gave Kansas the abandoned Fort Hays Military Reservation with the condition the state establish and maintain an experimental station of the Kansas Agricultural College; a western branch of the Kansas State Normal School; and a public park. It originally consisted of 4,000 acres and in 1948, 1,134 acres were purchased. This experimental station was equipped to conduct experimental work with soils, crops, livestock, horticulture, and forestry. All of the soils and crop work were in cooperation with the United States Agricultural Research Service and the Soil Conservation Service.
Item Number: 221555
Call Number: FK2.7 EXF.1910 *1
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 221555
Agriculture - Agricultural methods and practices - Planting
Agriculture - Crops - Trees
Collections - Photograph
Date - 1910s - 1910
Education - Higher education - Institutions - Fort Hays State University
Education - Higher education - Institutions - Kansas State Agricultural College
Objects and Artifacts - Communication Artifacts - Documentary Artifact - Photograph
Places - Counties - Ellis
Type of Material - Photographs