Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

New Farmers Union Store, Alma, Ks, opened in early 1909. - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at reference@kshs.org or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

Construction began on the Farmers Union Store (a grocery store) in October 1908 by the Feiden Brothers. It replaced the old Meyer store at 225 Missouri Street. The new store opened early in 1909. From left to right are Marguerite McCrumb (Abbott), Raymond Baker, Sophia Laging (Erickson), August Guth, C. B. Thowe, Esther Fisher, William "Bill" E. Thowe, and Goldie Hess.

Date: 1909

Bookbag Share Print

Item Number: 221350
Holding Institution: Wabaunsee County Historical Society

Copyright © 2007-2017 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.