Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Brandt Hotel in Alma, Kansas - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at reference@kshs.org or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

Photograph of the Brandt Hotel (later Alma Hotel) located at 402 Missouri Street, Alma, Kansas. The photo shows the sign "Brandt Hotel" on front, shade trees along sides, and dirt streets. The hotel was opened by Joseph Brandt on December 12, 1887. He had previously operated the Western Star Hotel, a block to the south. By 1890, Brandt had turned the hotel over to M.G. Whellan, and by 1901, it sold to Theresa Horne, who had previously operated a hotel in the old Palenske Hall building. After Brandt's departure, it was known as the Alma Hotel. This view is about 1910. The building has been placed on the National Registry of Historic Places.

Date: Between 1887 and 1910

Bookbag Share Print

Item Number: 221262
Holding Institution: Wabaunsee County Historical Society

Copyright © 2007-2017 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.