Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Early view of Eskridge, Kansas - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at reference@kshs.org or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

This is an early view of Eskridge, Kansas, about 1890. It shows the lack of trees in the town at the time. The town was platted by the Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway in 1880 and moved from its previous location about one mile east to a location closer to the depot. Dr. M. F. Trivett moved the first house into the new town in 1880 and located it at the southwest corner of Second Avenue and Cedar Street.

Date: 1890

Bookbag Share Print

Item Number: 221091
Holding Institution: Wabaunsee County Historical Society

Copyright © 2007-2017 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.