Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Lorenzo Pauly's Mill south of Alma, Kansas - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at reference@kshs.org or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

This is a photograph of Pauly Brothers Mill located on the west branch of Mill Creek, one mile south of Alma. The mill was constructed in 1858 by Alma founder Gottlieb Zwanziger, who sold the mill to Pauly in 1875. Pauly, a successful bread-maker in Topeka for several years, made the mill a success by expanding its size and production capabilities. Louis Palenske acquired the mill in 1902, and converted it to steam power before the mill's closing in 1913.

Date: Between 1875 and 1885

Bookbag Share Print

Item Number: 221086
Holding Institution: Wabaunsee County Historical Society

Copyright © 2007-2017 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.