Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Gran Quivira Harvey House "Lunch Room" sign - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at reference@kshs.org or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

Metal "Lunch Room" sign from the Gran Quivira Harvey House in Clovis, New Mexico. According to the Santa Fe Museum inventory, this sign alerted patrons to the lunch room's location at the Gran Quivira Harvey House, one of the earliest buildings in Clovis. The Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe established the town of Clovis as a division point on its new line across New Mexico, purchasing the land in 1906. Harvey Houses were the nation's first chain restaurants, operating in towns along the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe rail lines.

Date: between 1906 and 1920

Bookbag Share Print

Item Number: 221030
KSHS Identifier: 1987.178.59

Copyright © 2007-2017 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.