Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

E. W. Norris service station, Glen Elder, Kansas - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at reference@kshs.org or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

These twenty-one photographs show the E. W. Norris service station under construction and following completion. Norris hired Frank A. Slack, Beloit, Kansas, to design the service station and Charles Eby to work on the interior. It was built in 1926 with native limestone quarried near Glen Elder, Kansas. The service station is located at the southeast corner of Market and Main Streets in Glen Elder. The building is on the National Register of Historic Places.

Date: Between 1926 and 1930

Bookbag Share Print


First PagePrevious PageNext PageLast Page

E. W. Norris service station, Glen Elder, Kansas - 1E. W. Norris service station, Glen Elder, Kansas - 2E. W. Norris service station, Glen Elder, Kansas - 3E. W. Norris service station, Glen Elder, Kansas - 4E. W. Norris service station, Glen Elder, Kansas - 5E. W. Norris service station, Glen Elder, Kansas - 6E. W. Norris service station, Glen Elder, Kansas - 7E. W. Norris service station, Glen Elder, Kansas - 8E. W. Norris service station, Glen Elder, Kansas - 9E. W. Norris service station, Glen Elder, Kansas - 10E. W. Norris service station, Glen Elder, Kansas - 11E. W. Norris service station, Glen Elder, Kansas - 12

E. W. Norris service station, Glen Elder, Kansas - 1

Item Number: 220201
Call Number: FK2.M6 G.73 S. *1-21
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 220201

Copyright © 2007-2017 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.