All materials on Kansas Memory are made available for noncommercial educational and research purposes only. It is the patron's responsibility to request and obtain permission from both the image and copyright owner(s) to use materials.
A black and white photograph of the Fairview Methodist Church in Jefferson County, Kansas. It was completed in 1871 and formally dedicated May, 1871, during Sunday services led by the Reverend W. K. Marshall. This may be the church that was located near the present Fairview Cemetery at the northwest corner of the intersection of County Road 122 and Marion Road northwest of Oskaloosa in Jefferson County, Kansas. The Standard Atlas of Jefferson County, Kansas (Chicago: George A. Ogle & Co., 1916) shows the church located east of the cemetery on Fairview Farm in Oskaloosa Township, Section 13 of Township 9 South, Range 18 East. T. V. Wilson was the proprietor of Fairview Farm. The church and cemetery appear to have taken their names from the farm rather than from a town or Fairview Township, which is southeast of Oskaloosa.
Item Number: 219827
Call Number: FK2.J2.71.Fai *1
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 219827
Built Environment - Areas of Significance - Religion
Built Environment - Function - Religion - Religious Facility - Church
Collections - Photograph
Community Life - Religion - Christianity - Methodist
Community Life - Religion - Places of Worship - Exteriors
Date - 1900s
Date - 1910s
Objects and Artifacts - Communication Artifacts - Documentary Artifact - Photograph
Places - Counties - Jefferson
Type of Material - Photographs