Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Kansas Judicial Center, Topeka, Kansas - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at reference@kshs.org or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

This black and white photograph shows the northwest corner of the Kansas Judicial Center in Topeka, Kansas. Construction on the three-story building, located at 301 SW 10th Avenue, began on November 26, 1974, when Kansas Governor Robert Docking and his predecessor governor-elect Robert F. Bennett broke ground for the future site in a public ceremony. The native Kansas cottonwood limestone structure was completed in July 1978, at a cost of $12 million dollars. On September 17, 1978, the building was dedicated as the permanent home for the Kansas Supreme Court and the state's unified court system.

Creator: Worley, Barry John, 1949-
Date: October 1992

Bookbag Share Print

Item Number: 219520
Call Number: FK2.4 J.1992 *1
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 219520

Copyright © 2007-2017 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.