Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Businesses in Richland, Kansas - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at reference@kshs.org or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

This black and white photograph shows storefronts in Richland, Kansas. The businesses are identified from left to right as the following: the barbershop, the groceries and meat market and a unidentified business. The town of Richland was founded in 1854 and was located in Monmouth Township in the southeast corner of Shawnee County along the Wakarusa River. In the late 1960s and early 1970s the town was abandon when the Corps of Engineers acquired land for the flood plain of Clinton Lake in nearby Douglas County. Broken pavement is the only remnant of Richland that remains.

Date: 1957

Bookbag Share Print

Item Number: 216290
Call Number: FK2.S5 R.73 *7
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 216290

Copyright © 2007-2017 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.