Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Richland, Kansas - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at reference@kshs.org or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

This black and white photograph shows storefronts on the south side of Broad Street in Richland, Kansas. The town founded ,in 1854, was located in Monmouth Township along the Wakarusa River. In the late 1960's and early 1970's, Richland was abandoned when the Army Corps of Engineers acquired land in the area for the flood plain of Clinton Lake in nearby Douglas County. Today, the only remainders of the town is the broken pavement which once covered the streets.

Date: Between 1900s and 1919s

Bookbag Share Print

Item Number: 216275
Call Number: FK2.S5 R.5 *4
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 216275

Copyright © 2007-2017 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.