Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Missouri Pacific Railroad depot, Richland, Kansas - Page

All materials on Kansas Memory are made available for noncommercial educational and research purposes only. It is the patron's responsibility to request and obtain permission from both the image and copyright owner(s) to use materials.

To obtain permission or to purchase a reproduction, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at 785-272-8681, ext. 117 or reference@kshs.org. See the Copyright and Permission FAQ for more information.

This photograph shows the Missouri Pacific Railroad depot at Richland, Kansas. The town of Richland was founded in 1854 and was located in the Monmouth Township in the southeast corner of Shawnee County along the Wakarusa River. In the late 1960s and early 1970s the town was abandoned when the Corps of Engineers acquired land in the area for the flood plain of Clinton Lake in nearby Douglas County. Today, the only reminders of Richland is the broken pavement which once covered the streets.

Date: Between 1950 and 1960

Bookbag Share Print

Item Number: 216263
Call Number: FK2.S5 R.74 MOP *1
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 216263

Copyright © 2007-2015 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.