Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Richland, Kansas - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at reference@kshs.org or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

This black and white photograph shows various buildings and carriages on Main Street in Richland, Kansas. Founded in 1854, the town was located in the Monmouth Township in the southeast corner of Shawnee County along the Wakarusa River. In the late 1960s and early 1970s, Richland was abandon when the Corps of Engineers acquired land in the area for the flood plain of Clinton Lake in nearby Douglas County. Today, the only remnants of the town are broken pieces of pavement that once covered the streets.

Date: Between 1890 and 1899

Bookbag Share Print

Item Number: 216256
Call Number: FK2.S5 R.5 *1
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 216256

Copyright © 2007-2017 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.