Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Capitol, Topeka, Kansas - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at reference@kshs.org or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

This sepia colored photograph shows the east wing of the capitol in Topeka, Kansas. Located on twenty acres of land once owned by Cyrus K. Holliday, work began on October 17, 1866, when the cornerstone was laid for the east wing. Thirty-seven years after that historical day, the statehouse, a reflection of French Renaissance architecture with Corinthian details, was completed at a total cost of $3,200,588.92.

Date: 1880

Bookbag Share Print

Item Number: 214852
Call Number: FK2.1 C.1880c *1
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 214852

Copyright © 2007-2017 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.