Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Capitol, Topeka, Kansas - Page
46 votes

Like Kansas Memory?
Help us add more items by donating $$$.
Donate to Kansas Memory

This black and white photograph shows the east and west wing of the capitol in Topeka, Kansas. Located on twenty acres of land, once owned by Cyrus K. Holliday, work began on October 17, 1866 when the cornerstone was laid for the east wing. Thirty-seven years later, the statehouse, an example of French Renaissance architecture and Corinthian details, was completed at a total cost of $3,200,588.92.

Creator: Cone, William Whitney
Date: 1880

Bookbag Share Print

Item Number: 214130
Call Number: FK2.1 C.1881 *1
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 214130

Capitol, Topeka, Kansas Capitol, Topeka, Kansas Capitol, Topeka, Kansas Capitol, Topeka, Kansas

Copyright © 2007-2014 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.