Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Aerial view of west Topeka, Kansas - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at reference@kshs.org or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

An aerial view of land located west of Gage Boulevard, south of the Kansas River, and north of 6th Avenue. The area later became West Hills and Prospect Hills residential subdivisions. In 1931, several people formed the Prospect Hills Golf Association. They hired Mr. Daghlerch, a Kansas City architect, to lay out the course (black lines on the photograph show the location). It continued for six years and on January 27, 1937, a portion of the land was sold to Mrs. Theo Landon. On May 9, 1938, Mr. and Mrs. Alfred Landon purchased the remaining part of Prospect Hills and hired Neiswanger Investment Company to market the subdivision.

Date: 1931

Bookbag Share Print

Item Number: 213872
Call Number: FK2.S5 T. .1931 *1
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 213872

Copyright © 2007-2017 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.