Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Lange's Drug Store, Leavenworth, Kansas - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at reference@kshs.org or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

This photograph shows an exterior view of Lange's Drug Store on the corner of 4th and Shawnee streets in Leavenworth, Kansas. A sign advertising "Drugs and Medicines" and showing the traditional mortar and pestle pharmacy symbol is visible. The large sign on the right side of the building reads, "Lange's Drug Store. Drugs and medicines, paints, oils, brushes, and glass. Choice wines and liquors. Fine perfumery, toilet articles, soaps, sponges. Trusses a specialty. Prescriptions compounded day and night. Old Wizard oil, best family medicine." The sign farther to the right advertises "Tutt's Liver Pills." The sign above the arched window on the corner reads "Apotheke," the German word for a pharmacy . The sign to the left reads "Adolf Lange." Other businesses visible to the left of the picture include a store for boots and shoes, and a store with a sign reading, "Commission. Gus. O. L. Sauer." Two horse-drawn wagons are visible on the left, and trolley tracks are visible running along the dirt street. This same building was previously the Central Drug Store owned by Theodore Egersdorff.

Date: Between 1870 and 1900

Bookbag Share Print

Item Number: 213711
Call Number: FK2.L3 L.73 M.Lan *1
Holding Institution: H. Miles Moore Collection.

Copyright © 2007-2017 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.