This black and white photograph shows a view of the depot at Zeandale, Kansas. Located along the Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad eight miles east of Manhattan, Kansas. The town founded, in 1855, was named from a combination of the Greek word "Zea" meaning corn and the English word "dale" by one of it's early settlers Josiah H. Pillsbury.
Kansas Historical Society
Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad depot, Zeandale, Kansas