All materials on Kansas Memory are made available for noncommercial educational and research purposes only. It is the patron's responsibility to request and obtain permission from both the image and copyright owner(s) to use materials.
State Industrial School for Boys opened its doors in 1881 to educate young men who had committed criminal acts. The school was located north of the capitol building on about 170 acres of land that was given by the city of Topeka, Kansas.
Creator: Wolfe Commercial Photo Service 631 Jackson St., Topeka, KS.
Date: Between 1920 and 1929
Item Number: 210461
Call Number: FK2.7 IST.1925c. *1
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 210461
Built Environment - Areas of Significance - Education
Built Environment - Function - Education - School
Built Environment - Materials - Brick
Collections - Photograph
Community Life - Community services - Welfare - Welfare facilities
Date - 1920s
Education - Primary
Education - Secondary
Government and Politics - State Government - State agencies and programs - Agencies - Corrections, Department of
Objects and Artifacts - Communication Artifacts - Documentary Artifact - Photograph
Places - Cities and towns - Topeka
Places - Counties - Shawnee
Type of Material - Photographs