This photograph shows the Cedar Point Mill and dam in Cedar Point, Kansas. The three and a half story native limestone structure was built in 1875 by abolitionist Orlo H. Drinkwater and his partner Peter Paul Schriver along the Cottonwood River. For a number of years, flour was milled from the facility until operations came to a close in the early 1940s. In 2006, the site was added to the National Register of Historic Places.
Browse by Kansas County